Accounting & Bookkeeping Services

We’ll FIGURE IT OUT for you

Accounting & Bookkeeping Services

We’ll FIGURE IT OUT for you

Straight forward Accounting services for the not so straight forward

When you live or work outside the norms of society, it’s good to know there’s an Accountant that has your back. We’ve created a space where you can speak openly and honestly about your finances regardless of your occupation.

Our team of qualified Accountants are here to help you with all your Accounting, Taxation, and bookkeeping needs.

We’ll consider your personal and business situation, and we’ll help you set up your finances in a way that keeps your business yours – discrete, confidential (‘mum’s the word’) – while helping you get set up for financial security and, ultimately, success.

Documentation and Receipt Collection

Keeping track of those pesky receipts and finance documents might be a headache, but not ours! We’re here to help you keep track of your expenses and income. Simply Give Figure It Out a call, and let’s get you set up so life (and receipts) can feel easier and less stressful.

Instalment Activity Statements (IAS)

If you aren’t registered for GST but run a business and pay yourself, you’ll need to lodge an Instalment Activity Statement (IAS).

Do you hate the paperwork, and do the numbers do your head in? No worries. Katrina and the team can guide you.

Business Activity Statements (BAS)

If you run a business and are registered for GST, you will need to file a quarterly Business Activity Statement or BAS with the ATO. BAS enables a registered business entity in Australia to report on their tax obligations with the tax office, and they include your Pay-As-You-Go-Withholding (PAYGW), better known as employee income tax, your Pay-As-You-Go-Instalments (PAYGI – your income tax), your GST and fringe benefits tax (FBT) if you have any.

Katrina and the team will guide you.

Accounting for GST

Whether you are registered for GST or not, you still need to keep track of the GST you are paying as you can claim it back.

If your business has a turnover of $75K or more (minus GST), you need to be registered for GST. If not, you can choose to register. Once registered, you must supply customers with an invoice with 10% GST. You will need to report on your GST and claim GST from your expenses in your (usually quarterly but sometimes monthly) Business Activity Statement or BAS. There are different ways to report on your GST depending on your business size.

Why are we telling you this? You need to understand your tax obligations… but thankfully, you don’t have to go it alone. We’re here to FIGURE IT OUT and guide you. Too easy!


The team at FIGURE IT OUT Accountants can assist you with your bookkeeping. Simply reach out, and let’s chat about the complexities of your life and business and take some of the stress off your shoulders for you.

Who you speak to is who will help you

The people you speak to over the phone and face-to-face at the office are the Accountants who will be helping you get your numbers in order so you can confidently lodge your tax return without any worries.

Your specialist Accountants

We’re a boutique Accounting firm that services the Adult Industry, Sex Workers, the LGBTIQA+ communities, and Tradies in Sydney and Melbourne. We get you, and we get your business. We’re here to make sure you have the support you need to keep your numbers in tip-top shape. Book your initial date with us today.


Your Questions Answered

We have two offices conveniently located in Sydney and Melbourne.


  • 1106, 281 Elizabeth Street Sydney NSW 2000
  • +61 (02) 9818 8181
  • +6141 1235 084
  • We’re across from Museum Station and a stone’s throw from Oxford Street.


  • The Como Centre
  • Level 19, 644 Chapel Street South Yarra VIC 3141
  • +6141 1235 084

We sure are. We know how to set up your books and paperwork so that what you do stays confidential while meeting all your reporting, tax, and accounting obligations with the Australian Taxation Office. We’ve worked hard to create a safe space where you can feel comfortable talking about money frankly – we get you, we get your work, and we get how to help you make it all work above board for the ATO.

An Instalment Activity Statement or IAS is lodged monthly by businesses that are not registered for GST or businesses who have more than $25K in Pay-As-You-Go withholdings (PAYGW) each month. A Business Activity Statement (BAS) is usually lodged quarterly but sometimes monthly by businesses that are registered for GST.

If your business turnover is more than $75K (minus GST), you must register for GST and complete a quarterly Business Activity Statement. To avoid penalties, you must do this within 21 days of reaching the $75K threshold. Businesses who are registered for GST must supply customers with an invoice showing the GST within 28 days if the customer asks for one unless it is for a sale of $82.50 (including GST) or less (that’s a random amount, isn’t it?) You can learn more about setting up your tax invoices on the ATO’s website.

Sure can. It may surprise you to hear that one of the hats Katrina wears is that of Home Mortgage and Motor Vehicle Broker. She wants to make sure everyone has the opportunity to get a property! She can assist you with purchasing a home, talk about negative gearing, capital gains tax, refinancing, or even buy a new car.

Sure can. Over the years, Katrina has built up her little black book of contacts that will support you. She can refer you to solicitors, financial planners and financial institutions that will support you.

Sure can. Our team will help you get set up for success from day one (and if you’ve already started your business but want to streamline things, we’re here for that too). We can help you with budgeting and simplifying your taxation decisions and help you understand your obligations (and how we can make that easy for you, of course). Just Give Figure It Out a call or book a date with us – we’ll take it from there. We’ll chat figures over bubbles, mineral water (or beer) in a safe environment where you can be you, no strings attached.

Tax and accounting regulations in Australia change from time to time. We recommend seeking professional advice from a qualified Accountant or Taxation Agent for specific guidance tailored to your circumstances.

We understand the ATO

Katrina has been involved in working parties within the Australian Taxation Office, so she knows what specific deductions you can claim. She’s here to take the pressure off, so you don’t get stressed or worry … that’s her job!

Give Figure It Out a call, and we’ll answer your questions based on your personal circumstances.